Friday, January 21, 2011

There are days

As much as I love my new job, there are days... There are days I'd rather stay in bed. When it's cold, when the world outside is blanketed in snow, just a day, to rest and replenish myself.

"Momma," she exhorts, "go back to bed. Just look at it outside. You're in no condition for that. You're tired. You deserve to rest. You don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself. I can go to school by myself. You should stay home today. In bed."

I smile. That kid can be really sweet.

"You deserve a day off, Momma. Really, go back to bed. Don't worry about a thing." She drives her argument home: "I've already arranged everything with your boss."

And for a moment, just a moment, my hopes are raised. For a moment I let myself think, Really?

4 comments:

AB said...

What a wonderful story, Isabella! I can see how that would make your day.

Yvann said...

Wow I know what you mean about days and jobs... my prayers were answered when we had a power cut at 2pm so we all had to go home!

Cute story too :)

Hope you feel more motivated/happier soon!

Cipriano said...

Totally cute.
Can you please get Helena to speak to my boss?
I HATE MONDAYS!

Isabella K said...

Sorry, Cip, she won't actually speak to your boss -- she'll just lie about it to you :)